Camp Philbrook: Amazing Glaze (Ages 7-9)
Monday, July 24
9:00am – 12:00pm
Get to know the art of ceramics! Campers will learn techniques of attaching clay, slab building, and glazing by creating sculptures inspired by our beautiful gardens and galleries.
$130 Member Youth
$155 Member Youth + Before-Care*
$190 Youth + Before-Care*
Daily Camp Itinerary:
7:45am: Before-Care Begins*
8:45am: AM Camp Check-In
9am-12pm: AM Camp Session
12pm: AM Camp Pick-Up
12-1pm: Lunch for Campers enrolled in both morning and afternoon sessions
About the Teaching Artist: Sarah Rucker
Sarah Rucker is a local ceramic artist and art educator. She graduated with a BFA in Studio Art at Oklahoma State University. Currently, she is teaching Ceramics, Pottery and Sculpture at Bishop Kelley High School.
What to Expect
A day at Camp Philbrook starts in our studios, but we quickly use the whole museum: art, gardens, etc. to explore what it means to be a creative thinker and maker. Our workshops are geared towards getting messy, working together and making space for every child’s ideas.
Here are a few things to know:
- This is a drop-off camp.
- We offer Before and After-Care.*
- All-Day campers need to bring a peanut-free lunch from home.
- We have pretzels or Goldfish crackers as morning snack and afternoon snack built into each camp session. Campers are welcome to bring their own peanut-free snack from home if they would like.
- We use the whole museum, which means we spend ample time outside when the weather permits. Please pack a water bottle daily and arrive wearing sunscreen and bug spray.
- Your days at Philbrook will be filled with creative energy and fun! Please make sure to dress for mess and outdoor exploration.
*Before or After-Care
Before-Care or After-Care is offered for each week of Camp Philbrook for an additional $25 for Members and $30 for Not-Yet-Members per child. With the addition of Before-Care to your AM camp ticket, you may drop your child off as early as 7:45am. With the addition of After-Care to your PM camp ticket, you may pick your child up as late as 5:30pm.
All sales are final. Tickets, Memberships, and Donations are nonrefundable. Select ticketed events will be exchangeable. View our full Refund & Ticketing Policy for more information.
For information on wheelchair access or other accessibility matters, please visit the Accessibility page.
Visit a member of Philbrook’s Guest Experience Team at the front desk or call us at (918) 748-5300 for questions or additional information.