Camp Philbrook: Here Comes the Sun (Ages 5-6)
Monday, July 24
1:00pm – 4:00pm
The center of our solar system and our closest star, the Sun is so much more than a light bulb in the sky. Campers will create art, conduct solar science experiments, and cook their own food, all while learning about the power and importance of this vital star.
$130 Member Youth
$155 Member Youth + After-Care*
$190 Youth + After-Care*
Daily Camp Itinerary:
12:45pm: PM Camp Check-In
1-4pm: PM Camp Session
4pm: PM Camp Pick-Up
4-5:30pm: After-Care for Campers enrolled in optional After-Care ticket*
About the Teaching Artist: Katy Bruce
Katy Bruce is a multidisciplinary working artist, jewelry designer, and all-ages arts facilitator, born and raised in Tulsa, OK. They gain inspiration from their community, through connection, and self-expression.
What to Expect
A day at Camp Philbrook starts in our studios, but we quickly use the whole museum: art, gardens, etc. to explore what it means to be a creative thinker and maker. Our workshops are geared towards getting messy, working together and making space for every child’s ideas.
Here are a few things to know:
- This is a drop-off camp.
- We offer Before and After-Care.*
- All-Day campers need to bring a peanut-free lunch from home.
- We have pretzels or Goldfish crackers as morning snack and afternoon snack built into each camp session. Campers are welcome to bring their own peanut-free snack from home if they would like.
- We use the whole museum, which means we spend ample time outside when the weather permits. Please pack a water bottle daily and arrive wearing sunscreen and bug spray.
- Your days at Philbrook will be filled with creative energy and fun! Please make sure to dress for mess and outdoor exploration.
*Before or After-Care
Before-Care or After-Care is offered for each week of Camp Philbrook for an additional $25 for Members and $30 for Not-Yet-Members per child. With the addition of Before-Care to your AM camp ticket, you may drop your child off as early as 7:45am. With the addition of After-Care to your PM camp ticket, you may pick your child up as late as 5:30pm.
All sales are final. Tickets, Memberships, and Donations are nonrefundable. Select ticketed events will be exchangeable. View our full Refund & Ticketing Policy for more information.
For information on wheelchair access or other accessibility matters, please visit the Accessibility page.
Visit a member of Philbrook’s Guest Experience Team at the front desk or call us at (918) 748-5300 for questions or additional information.