Camp Philbrook: Build-a-Book (Ages 9-11)
Monday, June 12
9:00am – 12:00pm
Build a book from start to finish in this imaginative storytelling workshop. Campers will create their own book and use the galleries and gardens as inspiration for imaginative storytelling and illustration, then end the week with a reading for friends and family.
$130 Member Youth
$155 Member Youth + Before-Care*
$190 Youth + Before-Care*
Daily Camp Itinerary:
7:45am: Before-Care Begins*
8:45am: AM Camp Check-In
9am-12pm: AM Camp Session
12pm: AM Camp Pick-Up
12-1pm: Lunch for Campers enrolled in both morning and afternoon sessions
About the Teaching Artist: Shannon Barry
Shannon Barry is a sixth grade social studies teacher at the Tulsa School of Arts and Sciences and has taught students between the ages of 9-14 in the Tulsa area for four years. She has a bachelor’s degree in creative writing with an emphasis in fiction writing from Columbia College Chicago. Shannon is passionate about bringing literacy to students in exciting, interactive, and unexpected ways to unlock the creative qualities already within them.
What to Expect
A day at Camp Philbrook starts in our studios, but we quickly use the whole museum: art, gardens, etc. to explore what it means to be a creative thinker and maker. Our workshops are geared towards getting messy, working together and making space for every child’s ideas.
Here are a few things to know:
- This is a drop-off camp.
- We offer Before and After-Care.*
- All-Day campers need to bring a peanut-free lunch from home.
- We have pretzels or Goldfish crackers as morning snack and afternoon snack built into each camp session. Campers are welcome to bring their own peanut-free snack from home if they would like.
- We use the whole museum, which means we spend ample time outside when the weather permits. Please pack a water bottle daily and arrive wearing sunscreen and bug spray.
- Your days at Philbrook will be filled with creative energy and fun! Please make sure to dress for mess and outdoor exploration.
*Before or After-Care
Before-Care or After-Care is offered for each week of Camp Philbrook for an additional $25 for Members and $30 for Not-Yet-Members per child. With the addition of Before-Care to your AM camp ticket, you may drop your child off as early as 7:45am. With the addition of After-Care to your PM camp ticket, you may pick your child up as late as 5:30pm.
All sales are final. Tickets, Memberships, and Donations are nonrefundable. Select ticketed events will be exchangeable. View our full Refund & Ticketing Policy for more information.
For information on wheelchair access or other accessibility matters, please visit the Accessibility page.
Visit a member of Philbrook’s Guest Experience Team at the front desk or call us at (918) 748-5300 for questions or additional information.