Visitor Photography Guidelines
All paying guests and Philbrook Members are welcome to take photographs of the Museum, the collection and Gardens, using handheld still or video cameras, under the following guidelines:
- No flash photography, please.
- Visitors may photograph artworks and objects, unless otherwise posted.
- Images are for personal use only and must not be reproduced for commercial purposes. Policies for professional photography are on the back.
- Photography must not interfere with the enjoyment of other guests.
- Philbrook Museum of Art and its employees are not responsible for loss or damages to cameras or similar items.
- Posed sessions are permitted during open hours with purchase of an Open-Hours Photography Permit. See reverse details.
- Dressing rooms are not available and restrooms may not be used for changes of clothes.
To preserve the art, grounds, facility and for visitor safety:
- Props are not allowed, including pets.
- Moving or rearranging furniture, artwork, fixtures or planted material is not allowed.
- Tripods, monopods, selfie sticks, and miscellaneous camera equipment are not allowed.
- Be considerate of other guests. Access to pathways and garden areas should not be blocked.
- Please do not climb on the stonework, rocks, walls, fountains, trees, sculptures, the cultivated hillsides, planted embankments or into the creek.
- Please stay on the designated paths in the formal gardens for your own safety.
- Philbrook reserves the right to limit access to areas of the Museum and Gardens.
- Philbrook will consider all student photography and filming projects. Visitor Photography Guidelines also apply to student projects, unless otherwise arranged. In addition:
A written proposal should be submitted at least 10 days prior to the proposed photography or filming date. Proposals may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
A valid student ID is required at check-in.
- Open-Hour Photography Sessions (Gardens Only)
- Visitors wishing to conduct posed photography sessions (portrait, prom, group, proposal, etc.) in the Gardens during regular museum hours may do so with the purchase of an Open-Hours Photography Permit.
- Permits are available to groups of up to 10 people (includes photographers) for $50/hour. If the 1-hour timeframe is exceeded, guests may incur additional fees at check-out.
- Permits are intended for non-professional photographers. For more information about professional photography options, please contact Philbrook’s Guest Experience Coordinator at (918) 748-5347.
- A single tripod or monopod and a single reflecting screen are permitted in addition to a camera and camera bag. Additional equipment and changes of clothing are not permitted.
- Permits are non-exclusive and contingent on availability. Philbrook reserves the right to limit the number of photographers and limit access to certain areas of the Gardens and grounds at any time during a session.
- Photography sessions are not permitted in the Galleries. The Terrace is accessed via the Gardens. Visitors are welcome to tour; General Admission fees apply.
Groups of 10+ should call in advance to schedule and may be asked to schedule an After-Hours Photography Session. For more information about large group photography and for After-Hours Photography Session pricing, please contact Philbrook’s Guest Experience Coordinator at (918) 748-5347.
- Visitors may take photos, free of charge, on the Museum’s Front Lawn during regular business hours.
If you have questions or if you are looking for a photo shoot site and are unsure how to categorize your photography, please contact the Philbrook Guest Experience Team at (918) 748-5300.
To book a Photography Session or for more information about Photography Membership, please contact Philbrook’s Guest Experience Coordinator at (918) 748-5347.